Maintenance Officer X 1
Humana People to People seeks to recruit a Maintenance Officer based in Pinetown, Kwazulu-Natal Province. HPPSA is looking for candidates that meet the below listed qualities.
- Requirement /Qualification
- Grade 11 or Grade12 Certificate
- At least 1-year experience in maintenance work and willing to learn (In Job Training)
- Ability to use common tools such as harmer, spanner, screw driver and grass cutting machines etc.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Strong time management and team work
- Ability to work under pressure and after hours if emergences occur
- Ability to lead when given tasks
- General Maintenance Duties
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities/sites including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazier, masonry, cleaning and painting tasks;
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets;
- Cleans debris from roof gutters as necessary;
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets;
- Repairs door hinges; cleans plugged key slots;
- Changes filters on various ventilation units;
- Hooks up and services kitchen appliances;
- Reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action; Moves and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites or Offices;
- Sets up and breaks down cubicle partitions;
- Identifies projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person and signing Job cards as per instruction from buildings Supervisor or ASP Manager
- Completes service requests and updates work logs for specific site requirements;
- Maintains reports on pesticide use either external or internal;
- As part of site support team, assists with special projects periodically as directed;
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites e.g. storeroom
- Reading of water and electricity meters and record them accordingly
- General Maintenance Duties in Details
- Carpentry: Performs basic rough and finished carpentry repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, and shelves.
- Glazier: Removes broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replaces glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Electrical: Performs basic electrical repair work for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, appliances, and lighting systems; reports unsafe electrical conditions to building Supervisor.
- Plumbing: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces seals and other minor parts; maintains drinking fountains; repairs, replaces and maintains hot water heaters and other appliances
- Painting: applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; removes or paints over graffiti; repairs wall coverings.
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds in clean, safe, and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, minor pest management, composting making it ready for our garden and; replaces plants as needed; cleans debris from grounds, pathways, and parking lots; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; prunes trees and shrubs.
- Masonry: Lays forms, mixes, pours, finishes, and repairs concrete for sidewalks, pavers, ramps, and slabs.
An employee can be asked to perform other duties from sister Organization HPPSA with the agreement and instruction from agreement and instruction from ASP Manager and to work in other Humana Projects for Buildings Maintenance.
We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds (previously disadvantaged people and women) to apply.