Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is an HIV preventative treatment for HIV-negative adults and adolescents who are at high risk of getting HIV through sex or injections, and is now provided at local clinics and hospitals.
Did you know?
PrEP can be used by both men and women, as long as you are HIV negative and above the age of 15.
Adding PrEP to your sexual health toolkit may protect you from HIV infection. To learn more about PrEP and other health services, visit our social media pages or send us a WhatsApp on: +27 82 302 9739
To learn more about oral PrEP, visit: www.myprep.co.za
Humana People to People in Sekhukhune and Zululand implements HIV and Aids prevention programs amongst key and vulnerable populations through Aids foundation offer the following services (FREE/MAHALA):
- Sexual Reproductive Health Rights,
- General medical, sexual health and safer sex consultations,
- HIV Testing Services (HTS), - Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) screenings and treatment,
- Tuberculosis (TB) screenings and treatment,
- Provision of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP),
- Provision of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP),
- Anti-Retroviral Treatment (ARV),
- HIV management (CD4 and viral load),
- Basic wound management,
- Availability of Condoms and Lubrication,
- Central Chronic Medicine and Dispensing and Distribution (CCMDD).
- Internet for job, Emails and research
- Legal advice and referral (Human Rights Violations),
- Access to Equality courts and case reporting at SAPS,
- Advocacy and community mobilisation,
- Psychosocial and Empowerment Services
- Counselling (individual, couples and groups),
- Safe spaces,
- Support groups and adherence clubs,
- Empowerment and Skills building workshops.